Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Trivia Queen of Seaman Avenue

I was blessed with a mother who loved quiz shows.  I was equally cursed with a host of childhood diseases which meant I spent a great deal of time on the couch watching daytime TV.  This totally explains my addiction to soap operas, but somehow the quiz shows never took.

Jeopardy was the exception.  From the moment it aired on daytime in 1964 with host Art Fleming, I was hooked. You can bet when the board game version was introduced that same year, Santa Claus knew that he had better leave it under the family Christmas Tree or no milk and cookies for him!


Throughout the years, I enjoyed a reputation for being the queen of trivia.  At first, it was Jeopardy with many a Saturday Night spent at the house of my sister-in-law and her husband.  Then in 1982, Trivial Pursuit became the game of the moment and Mike and I would invite our neighbors over to play.   I did well even against those with master degrees.  Last night, I registered for the on line Jeopardy test to be held on January 28.  Everything old is new again.  Wish me luck!

1 comment: